Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Green" Container Homes???

In a few years' time, Cael and I are hoping to build a home. We want to build something that is cost-effective, Green, and attractive. I have been looking at designs for a while now, and I stumbled across shipping container architecture. Some awesome companies in the States and New Zealand are creating gorgeous homes made of recycled containers! We've looked into these more and more, and realized that this is something that could really work for us! Cael is a carpenter and could do some great things with a few of these babies! I love the idea of building a home that is so creative and unique! I had to put this one in b/c of the grass on the roof!
You would never know that this one is an old shipping container!


1 comment:

demotutorial said...

Some of these houses don't even look like they've been made with shipping containers. I guess it's really up to you how you're going to decorate it both inside and outside.

- Container Pro Taylor