Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing...

So last week completely out of the blue, my former employer called and offered me a new job. For about two years I worked as a receptionist/office clerk of a really prestigious private school in West Vancouver. I left that job when I moved to the Sunshine Coast last September. I had a tough time leaving that job because it was a really fun, spontaneous work environment and it had great benefits and pay. I decided to leave because I was tired of having a long distance relationship with Cael, and we were hoping to settle in on the Coast and put down some roots. Well, after being here a year, we have decided that this just isn't the place for us. There just isn't enough to do, and it is hard being away from our families. Anyways, back to the job offer...I was offered a position as the personal assistant to the Head of Upper School aka principal of the Senior School. It is a really busy position with a lot of responsibilites, but I think I am up for the challenge. I am ready for a "real" job, that isn't front desk. Lol. I am currently employed at a gorgeous resort as a Guest Service Agent. Let me tell you hospitality is NOT the industry for me. I don't enjoy it much...So, I am going to accept the position at the school and move back to my parents house until I can settle in somewhere. It is going to be tough living without Cael again, but this job is so great for our future. It will be worth a bit more time apart in the long run. I can't wait to work a regular 9-5 job with awesome benefits and weekends off again! Never do I want to do shift work again! Ack! Wish me luck!

No comments: