Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mmmmm.....

I'm over in Sechelt with Cael this weekend. It is my first weekend off in ages, so we decided to just relax and enjoy the day together. I got my hair done in the morning, and then we went out to lunch and just had a great day spending quality time together. For dinner, I decided to to make something new and experiment...tonights objective: Israeli couscous. I love regular couscous, so I figured I'd really love the giant Israeli version. This stuff is more like balls of pasta instead of the grain-like regular kind. I roasted up some butternut squash and sauteed some onion and garlic. After the couscous was cooked I added a healthy spoon of mascarpone cheese. It melted into the hot couscous and made it deliciously creamy...Here is a pic of this yummy mix, crappy quality of course b/c I used my BB:
And on the side:
A healthy glass of a nice South African white wine...yummm! Such a delicious dinner! Cael even liked it too :)

No comments: