Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!

So last weekend there was a huge Hot Rod exhibition/drag race in Sechelt. On Friday night all of the awesome vintage hot rods cruised down the highway past our place, so Cael and I sat in some comfy chairs and watched all the old-timers go by!
Sunday was the drag race event where people could enter their personal vehicles and race at the Sechelt airport. This cute little bug kicked some serious butt on the track!
There was an alcohol dragster there that put on a huge smoke show! It was so loud it actually hurt in your chest when it raced!
Some awesome hot rods at the Show and Shine!
This one won a prize! Look how slammed it is!
This one was my fave! The paint was unreal when it drove by! Depending on the angle, the tricolour paint was blue, goldish and pink! It amazes me how much time, effort, and money these guys (and girls) spend on their cars! They are definitely a lifelong passion and commitment! I don't know much about cars, but these are amazing!




3 comments:

Maryann said...

Haha that is awesome! See we do that down here but with Ford pickup trucks on a dirt road.

BTW, we may come to Vancouver when I visit my sister. If we do, I will let you know so maybe we can meet up. My sister and her husband just got back from there two weeks ago, but they spent a whole week there visiting all the neat places. She sent me pictures and it looks so beautiful there!!

Anonymous said...

Neat! We have something about 3 hours from here in Reno, NV called Hot August Nights that is a lot like that.

Unknown said...

Thats my girl.
Gotta have a few photos of the Hot Rods in there to keep the guys interested.
Truly it was a great time. Spending time with my girl and some of my favorite machines. You cant beat that.