Monday, August 25, 2008

My newest tasty obsessions!

So lately I have really been trying to cut out all of the bad crap I so love to eat! I feel like it is about time I start to take better care of myself and treat my body better! I am a cheese-aholic, if that is possible! I've had La Vache Quirit cheese forever, but only recently have I discovered a recipe for low-fat alfredo sauce on www.hungrygirl.com I've modified the recipe and made a really yummy vegetarian version with Laughing Cow cheese, tomatoes, basil and garlic on top of whole wheat noodles! Yum!!
Hungry Girl also raves over these low-carb, low-calorie noodles made out of tofu. Being a tofu-lover, I am soo curious to try these, but unfortunately I can't find the stinkin things anywhere! You'd think living in Vancouver, with it's huge Asian influence, I'd be able to find the bloody things, but alas, nope. I think I am going to have to venture to downtown Vancouver and hit up some of the crazy specialty Asian markets, (the place where I found the turtle in the freezer! Ahhhh!) I also found these delicious lovelies in my freezer aisle today. Vitamuffin Deep Chocolate! I have officially died and gone to heaven with this tasty little devil! Sweet, dark chocolate, with a soft gooey inside and only 100 calories and lots of fibre!!! I can officially give up all chocolate bars for these! If you haven't tried these life-changing muffins.....do so soon! I am such a nerd, but they really are sooo yummy! :)


No comments: