Friday, August 22, 2008

Some Green Purchases

So here are a few Green purchases I've made in the last few weeks:
This one was pretty minor, but I love it! There automotive/houseware store here called Canadian Tire. I had to go and pick up a few things for Cael and instead of getting a dreaded plastic bag, I bought one of these babies to add to my collection for $0.89! I am quite the collector of these reusable bags. I seem to get a new one every week! In my defence, I do give them away to people so they can stop using plastic too! I've also decided that instead of wrapping birthday gifts in piles of paper, I am going to use these! It is so easy to go out and find a really cute reusable bag and voila instant gift wrap!
I also bought a cork yoga block b/c I am so new at yoga, I need that extra boost to hit all the poses! I bought it from a company called Gaiam. They are a wonderful Earth-friendly/fitness/Green Living company! Check out their webpage here:
http://www.gaiam.com/
Finally, I jumped on the aluminium bottle bandwagon! I cannot believe I haven't bought one sooner! I never use plastic bottles anymore, but my HUGE glass Voss bottle just wasn't cutting it anymore! I resisted buying a Sigg bottle b/c here they run up to $30! I stumbled across this Gaiam bottle at a chain book store for less than $10! It was the buy of the week!