Monday, August 25, 2008

Some Awesome WV Grads in Fashion!

I am always proud and happy to see some local girlies making it big! There are a few lovely ladies who graduated from my high school in West Vancouver that have started to break into the fashion industry!
Kym and Alexis McClay are twins who graduated a year ahead of me and moved down to Los Angeles. They just recently launched their first clothing line called Naven in Cali. Apparently, these two helped design the Lauren Conrad Collection behind the scenes! Pretty cool! They not only design their clothes, but model for them too! I love the gorgeous colours and fabrics they use in their line.
You can check out their latest collection at www.naven.net




Mellinda-Mae Harlingten is a new desinger who grew up in my little town just north on Van. She has launched her own collection MMH and has been pretty successful across Vancouver so far.
You can take a look at Mellinda's line here at www.mellinda-mae.com
Here are a couple of samples from her line at British Columbia Fashion Week:


That's Mellinda on the right.
I love this coat!



1 comment:

Maryann said...

Awesome! They are so pretty, too!