Friday, January 1, 2010

Yummy Dinner

I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions, (I never stick with them obviously!), but this year, I'm really going to work on being a better vegetarian. I've been a veggie for over 15 years (I think, I can never remember exactly when I stopped eating meat), but over the years, I have slipped into the bad habit of being a lazy vegetarian. Working 9-10 hours a day, the last thing I want to do when I get home is whip up a healthy dinner. I have become entirely too dependent on easy fixes like frozen pizza or pasta. I am going to really make an effort to prepare myself healthy, fresh meals. I started tonight with this concoction:

(Excuse the lame pic, my camera requires 2 really expensive batteries for the flash, and I haven't gotten around to replacing them!)

Avocado, cucumber, pineapple, and red onion salad with a soy/honey/sesame dressing and a few pieces of tofu. Yum! Let's hope I keep it up!

No comments: