Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Patch!

Last Saturday I went to the local pumpkin patch with my friend Serena and her two kids Keith and Ayyah. We slacked off and went to the patch waaay too late so all of the good pumpkins were gone...the only ones left were tiny, green or rotten! Boo! It was my first time going to a real pumpkin patch, so it was great anyways!
Here's Keithy sittin in a pile of pumpkins at a nursery we went to after the patch. There was a maze for little kiddies made out of hay bales and a little haunted house! I took Ayyah through the house and she had such a brave face on, but she was holding my hand awfully tight! :)
Back to the patch...it was so cute! It was this little garden with a tin box that you put money into! You go out into the patch, pick your pumpkin and put $2 into the box! I love small towns!

Here is Ayyah standing against one of the ginormous sunflowers that the farmer had growing at the pumpkin patch! It was seriously the biggest sunflower I have ever seen!

Ayyah investigating some dead plants! Keithy fell asleep in the truck on the way there, so we decided it would be best to let him snooze while we searched for pumpkins. He is a little bear when he wakes up from naps! Lol!

Here we are at the barren pumpkin patch! There were almost no pumpkins left! Ahh! We each got a couple of little green ones, just to support the local farmers. I think we're going to go to the supermarket and buy some of the giant orange ones heheh!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE pumpkin patches. It looks like it was a beautiful day!

I've tagged you in my blog!

Maryann said...

Aww fun! And I agree with Holly, I love going to pumpkin patches!!