Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Little Bit of Beauty out my Back Door

I was bored this afternoon so I got my Fuji and went for a walk in the woods near my new place. It is a gorgeous autumn day on the Sunshine Coast! I never realized just how much amazing life is in the forest surrounding my house! I am going to head out tomorrow and take more pics with some better light!
A road less traveled.
Birch tree I think? I love the texture of the bark. It photographs so well.

I discovered a little patch of blackberries a short way away from our place! I think I am going to go and try to salvage the last berries of the season tomorrow and make a little pie!

Hard to see, but it's a deer track about 20 feet from my house! They come out a lot at dusk around here! Apparently there is a herd of about 2 dozen elk (yes I said ELK!) that live in my area. I have yet to see them, but they are around quite frequently! I am gonna have to get motivated and start looking for them at dawn!
Pretty Poplar trees.
Poor snakey. This little fellow was dead, but I thought I'd take a pic of him anyways. Is that weird? lol!
Strange rock/tree branch sculpture our friend Keith made the other day out our front door. Ok so he just tossed a branch on top of some rocks, but it could be a strange art piece! :)



1 comment:

Maryann said...

lol about the snake. No that's not weird, I would have done that to. If it had been alive I would have been running. So the only way to get a pic is if it's dead, haha.