Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fire Fighter Day!!!

Oh deary me...It's that time again! Every September, our local volunteer fire dept holds a fundraiser at the local beach park. They have live music, a beer garden, an auto-extrication demonstration and a bbq! Every year we are the first bunch of hooligans to set up camp in the garden and the last to leave! (I don't know if I should be so proud! Lol!) There really is nothing better than hanging out with great people, having a cold beer on a hot day, all while donating to an awesome cause. I somehow skipped last year, so we have lost time to make up for this Saturday! Ayayay I have gotten myself into trouble at this event, so I must compose myself and act a lady this year! Lol!
Here are a couple of pics of the dept doing some training!


3 comments:

runjen said...

Where do you live? The mountains are SO pretty in the background!!

Jenna said...

I live just north of Vancouver, British Columbia in an area called Howe Sound. It's about an hour south of Whistler the huge ski resort. I am so spoiled aren't I? :)

Maryann said...

omg that sounds like fun!! And totally something us Texans would do. My sister said she loved it in Vancouver when they went ther eon vacation.