Sunday, July 12, 2009

Miso Hungry!


Tonight I felt like something warm and tasty for dinner, so I cooked up my own vegan miso/wonton soup hybrid out of bits and pieces from the refridgerator. To make the sweet/spicy/salty filling I chopped a block of medium firm tofu very finely and sauteed it in EVOO with some white onion and garlic. Once the onions and garlic were cooked, I added a small scoop of natural peanut butter, a drizzle of soy sauce, and a squirt of spicy sriracha sauce and put it aside. I made the yummy broth out of some miso paste I had on hand, a little veggie stock, shelled edamame beans, fresh corn and chopped green onions. I let the broth boil and I folded together the tasty wonton pockets and then tossed the little bundles in to cook! After a really easy 30 min preparation, my delicious soup hybrid was done! Yum!

No comments: