Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Stuck in a Rut/New Beginnings

As you can tell from my post below, I have been pretty busy at the Rockwater trying to hold down the fort as over 80 brides storm in and out this summer. I have been at this job for almost 6 months, and it has been a very rocky road. I absolutely loathed the job for the first few months because it is incredibally stressfull (to me, maybe not everyone). It has slowly gotten better because a lot of really amazing staff members have been hired for the summer season and they brighten my day, everyday. I'm not sure what I am going to do when they all go home/back to uni in September. I don't know if the job is worth it if I am unhappy everyday. Hmmm...things to ponder...

Anyways, back to the title of this post. I have been stuck in a rut the last few years. I have never been one of those people who knew in their heart what they wanted to do with their life since they were 5 years old. I have no burning desire, or passion that leads me in any particular direction. I always just thought "whatever, I'm young, I can figure that all out later!"....Yeah well, somewhere along the line I fell asleep behind the wheel. In May I woke up. I just turned 25....yes twenty freakin five. I have nothing to show for myself over the last 7 years since I graduated high school. I've had a couple of good jobs here and there, but nothing to really smile at and consider a career. Does anyone else feel this way? I feel like I am lost in space with no idea where to go. I really wish I paid more attention during all of those career and personal planning courses I was forced to take in high school....Hmm...No better perspective than hindsight right?

Well, enough whining here. I am making a personal pledge to myself that I will work on myself this year and find a direction. I am tired of second-guessing myself and doubting my abilities. I am a lot smarter and more talented than I have ever given myself credit for. This crappy job has shown my everything I don't want to do for a career! I need to kick my butt into gear of I will be doing jobs like this for the rest of my life! My heart, soul and brain can't handle that! So, here I go....soul searching away...Any suggestions?

No comments: