Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ducks Galore!











Today Serena and I took the kids to Marsh Park to visit the duck pond. I've never been before, so I thought it would be great to bring the kids to explore. Ayyah and Keithy came armed with baggies of birdseed to feed the ducks with, and boy did the ducks go crazy! I was quite taken aback to be absolutely swarmed by what seemed like hundreds of Mallard ducks! They even came out of the water and surrounded us as seen in pic #2! I of course am a bird-watching rookie, so I screeched whenever they would fly a foot from my head! Serena is a veteran as her parents are pro wildlife photographers, so she just laughed at me. Lol! I love the pic of the two male ducks on the rock together. They look just like duckie twins! Serena and I are going to bring the kids to Sargeant Bay Park in the next few weeks if the weather holds. There is a bigger duck pond with more birds. I'm hoping to see some Trumpeter Swans b/c they're my favorite!

3 comments:

Maryann said...

great pics, but I really LOVE the one with the two duckies!

Jenna said...

Thanks Maryann! :)

Amber said...

awesome pictures!