Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let it Snow! Make it Stop!

So over the weekend a nasty cold snap hit all of British Columbia. We had temps well below freezing here on the Coast with an awful wind chill thrown in. It snowed a few inches a few days ago, and then with these lovely temperatures, froze to a complete ice rink. Our whole area is completely covered in an inch of slippery, icky ice! Here is the view out back on Monday afternoon. Note the semi-hockey rink conditions:
And here we are this lovely morning....At least 3 inches of new snow, with more comin down! It's been snowing all morning, and it doesn't look to be slowing up any time soon! I love the way snow looks out my window, but I'm not such a fan when it comes to driving in the white stuff. I am possibly the worst winter driver in the history of crappy snow drivers. I am working on learning, but ah! It can be so scary! Lol!
Brrr!!! We are supposed to get more snow today, then it will hold off till Sunday when the newscasters are predicting a huge dump! Hmm....I think I'll be staying indoors next to the fire reading a book!



2 comments:

Maryann said...

My sister, BIL, and nephew headed up that way just recently. Nathan saw Santa and his reindeers somewhere up there in BC in the snow. So when they got back home to Washington, it snowed last weekend and nathan told my sister Santa is coming with his reindeers!! because that's what he saw in Vancouver. ha!

Jenna said...

That is adorable! I love the stuff little kiddies come up with! I'm pretty sure Vancouver has transformed into the North Pole, so Nathan is probably right...Santa is here!